At long last, and now armed with our recent episodes on alchemy, we again pick up the story of Christian Rosenkreutz and the Chymical Wedding. What is Day 2 all about? How does the “Language of the Birds” appear in Day 2? How does it relate to Amsghar? What does Christian make of his newfound escape from the Miasma, and what are the four paths that a shaman can follow? All these and more examined in this new episode.
This time the Heretics have a go at a bit of a music and video review of the track Anoana by the band Heilung.
How does Shamanism descend into belief-based religion over time? Why are many people uncomfortable drawing a link between Shamanism with the martial arts? Who was Mircea Eliade? These and many other questions are explored in our latest episode.
What does Shamanism have to do with the martial arts? What does Shamanism have to do with business? How is the Miasma involved? All this and more in our latest episode.
In this episode we examine how Kublai and his older brother Mongke built the Mongol Empire to the point where it was ready to do what the Jin Empire hadn’t been able to – overthrow the Song Dynasty.Listen to “#28 Kublai and Mongke (Kublai Khan part 2)” on Spreaker.
Our sister podcast, Woven Energy, has just released a new episode that I think Heretics listeners would enjoy because it has lots of fascinating insights into religions and spirit dance. In this episode you’ll learn about:
- Yan Yi – a spirit dance tradition from Malaysia which is taught alongside the martial art of Xing Yi.
- What the terms Qi, Shen, Xin and Yi mean in Damon’s martial teaching and how they are expressed in Yan Yi.
- How to tell real from fake spirit dance.
- The Tanna island in the Pacific and the strange John Frum religious tradition that evolved there.
- What Cargo Cults are and what the Prince Philip Movement is.