We continue our investigation of the Book of Genesis, looking at the ways in which Genesis 2 contradicts Genesis 1 and both modern Christianity and Judaism. We also start talking about the figure of Lilith, in legend Adam’s first wife before Eve was created.Listen to “#31 The Heretics Bible: Genesis 2” on Spreaker.
The Book of Genesis disagrees in many ways with both modern Christianity and modern Judaism. It also incorporates many earlier traditions, including those of Mesopotamia, and even China. This is the originally intended first episode of the Heretics Podcast (before we got sidetracked).
Our sister podcast, Woven Energy, has just released a new episode that I think Heretics listeners would enjoy because it has lots of fascinating insights into religions and spirit dance. In this episode you’ll learn about:
- Yan Yi – a spirit dance tradition from Malaysia which is taught alongside the martial art of Xing Yi.
- What the terms Qi, Shen, Xin and Yi mean in Damon’s martial teaching and how they are expressed in Yan Yi.
- How to tell real from fake spirit dance.
- The Tanna island in the Pacific and the strange John Frum religious tradition that evolved there.
- What Cargo Cults are and what the Prince Philip Movement is.
Two powerful women, one a christian of the Nestorian Heresy, ran the Mongol Empire in the years before Kublai and his elder brother Mongke became Great Khans.Listen to “#26 The Nestorian Christian Heresy and the Women who ran the Mongol Empire (Kublai Khan pt. 1)” on Spreaker.